Sunday, April 10, 2011

My First Cast of Characters

Did the Haynes family have "characters"?  Absolutely!  No doubt I am only one of them. 

Granddaddy, W.T. Haynes, Sr. married my grandmother, Helen Josephene Sanders on 10-11-1906 in Ft. Worth, TX.  My grandmother, who died before my second birthday,was born 2-4-1887 in Grenada, MS and died died 3-17-1956 in Lambert, MS.  While I don't remember "Meme" my father made certain that she got to meet me.  When I was only a few days old, he took me by himself to the Delta so his mother would be sure to see me before she died.

In the early and mid 1900s I am certain that many outside the family referred to my grandparents as Mr. Haynes or Mrs. Haynes.  From what I have been told by other family members, friends who were on a first name basis called them Wendell and Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment